Monday, November 19, 2007

What’s Big & Fat @ Pulau Hantu?.....

No, I am not referring to myself lah (even though I also fall in the same category). :op

I was talking about this BIG & FAT Pufferfish that I came across during yesterday dive at Hantu with The Hantu Bloggers.


Paiseh, but this is the best shot I could get as I was adjusting my camera’s setting from Macro mode and snap this before it swam away. You can see that the Pufferfish was very BIG & FAT by comparing it to the Copperbanded Butterflyfish next to it (the Butterflyfish was about half a A4 size paper). Think this is the BIGGEST Pufferfish that I have ever seen in our water!

Other than this Pufferfish, there were also other fishes such as :


A Grouper hiding in crevice, a well camouflaged Filefish and the common sighting of Copperbanded Butterflyfish.

Then there’s always the corals:


Staghorns corals, Mushroom corals and maybe Pore corals(Porites) in the last pic (or anyone can help with the ID?).

Not many flatworms today. So here’s the two that we managed to see :


But the seabed was littered with Icon Sea Stars.


And yes, here's my favourite creature again.....Sea Slugs!


A few Phyllidia sp,




Gymnodoris sp,


A Dermatobranchus sp,


An Armina sp,


A Black-margined Nudibranch(Glossodoris atromarginata),


A Sap-sucking Sea Slug(Thurdilla sp) and


Lots and lots of Blue Dragon Nudibranch (Pteraeolidia ianthina)

It was an enjoyable dive yet again! And thanks to Marcel for the guiding and Kah Chine as my dive buddy!

2 Comments:

Blogger juanicths said...

wah~~~ only time I saw a big puffer was at Raffles!

November 20, 2007 7:20 PM  
Blogger peizee said...

the last time i saw a big puffer was when our boatman caught one by line and hook at semakau! hahaha. estimated 4-freaking kg big.

November 21, 2007 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home