Monday, March 27, 2006

Appropriate Action?.....

Chanced upon this blogger's blog (Update: Sorry guys, it seen that the blog no longer exist as the blogger had it removed. See this Link) while doing a blog search on Pulau Hantu last week.

After reading through, I felt surprised that Open Water diving test was carried out at a Nature Reserve. So I wrote an email to Nparks regarding this and the reply is that Open Water diving test is not allowed at the Reserve.

What prompted me to feedback to Nparks is because as a diver myself, I know how the skill of a beginner would be (I have been through that stage and trust me, I felt so guilty when I broke part of a coral while doing my Open Water in Malaysia). Just imagine what will happen to the corals with the limited visibility and skill. Furthermore, I felt sad and angry with the instructor's action of bringing back a lobster to show to his students and just wondered what's the fate of the lobster in the end. Did he release it back to where it should be? If not, it will be poaching, isn't it, for the creature was removed from a Nature Reserve.

3 Comments:

Blogger bluebabe said...

I just visited the blog, and very upset now too. Since the photos are up, can we ask NParks to take action against them? Especially if they poached?

March 30, 2006 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had referred the blog to Nparks on Monday. Had sent an email to them to check if any action was taken....still waiting for reply.

March 31, 2006 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the reply from Nparks as regards to if any action was taken :

" We are in the midst of
investigating. We will follow-up with this matter and carry out the necessary enforcement action."

March 31, 2006 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home