Sunday, August 27, 2006

Why Was The Anemone Following Me?.....

I will tell you why later. So you see, I went diving at Pulau Hantu this morning.

First dive, the vis was good. We went down to about 13m and HP spotted a nudibranch that was a first sighting for me. But the pics were OOF. Anyway, here it is. And the other nudibranch saw was the usual Blue Dragon nudibranch.


The seabed was littered with baby Icon Sea Stars. They are so CUTE! Here’s one:


And we saw lots of corals with their polyps out and here’s an assortment of them


Second dive, we went to the patched reefs. However, the vis was less than a meter at 10m depth and I lost my buddy, Ivy, after descending. We managed to meet at the surface and went down again. Then, I saw this;


It’s an Anemone Shrimp and this female is really big. After taking a few pics of it. I tried to signal to Ivy about it but somehow she was not responding to my tank banging. So, I decided to swim to her to get her attention. And guess what? As I turned back to look to my left, I saw the Anemone following me. So, the answer to the question is, to my horror, I realized that my console’s hose had somehow dislodged the poor animal (together with its commensal Anemone Shrimps) from the rubbles! Ahhhh…….

Fortunately, I managed to get hold of it and brought it back to the rubbles. But it took some times for the poor animal and the Shrimps (they must have been stressed out by the accident) to settle down again. We only left it after we were sure that it had secured itself again. I felt so guilty! It was basically my fault for not tucking the hose close to my body and I should have back off a bit before I swam away.

I am so so sorry. :O/

1 Comments:

Blogger Ria Tan said...

Wonderful to hear that you had a good dive. And the camera working well and everything! Can't wait to hear all about it.

August 30, 2006 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home