Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rainy Day At Sungei Buloh.....

But I enjoyed it! :O)

Decided to take a breather at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve this morning after a busy week. It was crowded as there were ICCS going on and groups of student having field trip.

While waiting for the Marine fish guided tour to start, I was surprised to have a gentleman asking me if I recognised him. I was like.....hmmmm....where did I see that face before? Ha.....It turns out that I was the guide for him and his students when they joined the guided walk at Chek Jawa Two years ago. Wow! So happy that someone can still remember me two years after the guided walk. :O)

Anyway, after the Marine fish tour, I headed for the Mangrove Boardwalk. It was quiet as most crowds were over at the Main Bridge.


Just minutes into the boardwalk, raindrops fall. But since it's a drizzle and there's no lighting, I continued (with poncho on of course).

Knowing that most creatures will hide but then I still kept a lookout for them. Found this spider hiding from rain under a piece of leaf.


Thanks to my waterproof camera, managed to capture some wet wet scenery shots.


Then when the rain stopped, creatures started to show up.

You can see lots of Tree-climbing crabs on this trunk. It was high tide. So the crabs climbed up the tree to avoid predators in the water. They also stand very still in order to avoid predators like birds too.


Found another spider!


Spent sometimes just looking at this snail moving from one point to another. :O)




Liked the feeling of walking in the rain today. Somehow, it feels like the stressful week had been washed away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I liked the 4 wet wet scenary shots pretty much. There is alot of feel in the photos.

Peihao

September 16, 2007 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peihao,

Thanks. Glad that you liked the shots. :o)

September 17, 2007 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home